Open Source / Non-Proprietary
an open source UML2 tool based on Eclipse and licensed under the EPL (www.papyrusuml.org). See also Topcased below.
Papyrus is a dedicated tool for modelling within UML2. This open source tool is based on the Eclipse environment.
- Eclipse UML2 compliance
- Full respect of the UML2 standard as defined by the OMG
- Full respect of the DI2 (Diagram Interchange ) standard
- Extendable architecture of Papyrus that allows users to add new diagrams, new code generators, etc.
- Profile development support facilities for UML2 profiles
- Nested profiles support
- OCL constraints in profile descriptions